Mothers Day: Take Tea at Tarndie
Sunday 10 May, 2015
This Mother’s Day, take Mum out for a unique experience at one of Victoria’s oldest surviving homesteads for a special kind of catch up.
Take a seat in one of the Homestead’s lounge or Dining rooms in the quiet wonder that only an old house can evoke. Be served sweet and savoury treats that hark back to the golden period when afternoon tea was a social highlight.
Matching the peaceful afternoon, Angie Smales from Birregurra will play Zither music – much like a harp and little bit like a piano. Angie recently recorded an album of songs inspired by the Parlour room at Tarndie.
Be sure to stroll the gardens during the course of the afternoon as the Autumn colours hit their peak.
And of course! Guests can visit our farm-gate Woolshop with our range of Polwarth yarn and tops. The monthly Woolcrafters Group will be meeting too so you can see some timeless skills in action.
Included in the afternoon visit is:
- Limitless tea, chai or espresso coffee
- Delectable afternoon tea inspired by earlier times served from the tea trolley.
- Live background music by Zitherist, Angie Smales.
- Seating within the historic homestead lounge and dining rooms.
- A guided tour of the Homestead and garden.
To book, please click here.