Fundraiser – “GIVING FOR THE LOVE OF FOOD“
Could you work with no food in your stomach? Or send you child to school with no food?
Most students at Iviani Primary School in Kenya don’t eat during the day. The ability to learn is greatly affected when their brains can’t function properly without food or they suffer from malnutrition in the vital development stages.
Let’s plant a PERMACULTURE GARDEN big enough to feed & educate an entire school.
Kate Lidgerwood has been attached to Iviani Primary School since 2009 when she did a World Vision Sponsor Visit, and has since lived in Tanzania and Kenya for 3 years. Now her love & money donated goes directly to Iviani P.S. for resources that benefit the whole school community.
Help her make a difference at to the lives of these students by attending a “Sunday Arvo” at Tarndie for a coffee and cake and a DVD presentation and to meet Kate before she heads back to Africa.
Sunday 15th September
2 – 5pm
Tarndie – 37 Roseneath Rd, Warncoort.
More details: Kate – 0410 413 261
Mother’s Day: gather the flock.
40 people took Mum out for a timeless day out to Tarndie to celebrate Mother’s Day at the Homestead recently, where they delighted in all things sheep, with beautiful food and fibre, and a tipple of cider to match!
Set in the 1860s Apple Store they all enjoyed:
- 3 course lunch by Birregurra’s own Sorella Foods featuring Lamb Roast, and the coolest 1970′s Dessert Trolley going.
- Music by Off the Grid – “an infused mixture of instrumental grunge and delightful lyrical bliss”
- Cider Bar – ciders from around the world and around the corner. Cash bar.
- Glass of sparkling on arrival
- Mini-workshops – felt, spin, knit – using Tarndie’s bespoke wools.
Here’s some images from the day..