Saturday May 25, 2019
10:00am – 3.30pm
Crochet instructed by Shelley Husband
Class in the Homestead under worklights
Topic: Granny Square Flair
Learn how to take your basic crochet skills to the next level. Using patterns from Shelley’s book Granny Square Flair, you’ll learn how make new granny squares while learning to read patterns and charts, how to begin and end rounds seamlessly, how to join your squares and much more.
We’ll cover everything you’ll need to know to start you on your way to creating your own heirloom crochet blanket.
You will learn:
- How to read patterns and charts
- How to join crochet squares
- Lots of hints and tips for seamless crochet
There are limited places to ensure personal tuition and guidance
Shelley loves to design crochet patterns that extend your skills, gently challenging and encouraging you to create crochet wonders. She gets a real kick out of seeing folks create beautiful crochet items they thought were beyond their skills.
She says that if you can crochet a granny square, you can do her patterns. She is a natural teacher who provides lots of support with links to videos, step by step photos and clear instructions.
She is the author of 8 ebooks and the hardcopy Granny Square Flair. Find out more here
Included in the the class fee:
- 150 grams of Polwarth wool in two colours (valued at $37.50)
- Tuition from author of Granny Square Flair (pic of cover)
- Handouts for all patterns taught in the class
- Delicious morning tea
- Tour of historic “Tarndwarncoort” following the journey from grass to garment
You will take away
- at least 3 completed squares
- a long list of helpful links to continue your learning.
Please bring with you:
- 4 mm or 5 mm crochet hook, yarn needle (also available for purchase at the Tarndie Woolshop)
- scissors, highlighter
- lunch to eat with the group in the sunny courtyard or before the fire
To book, please continue to the Tarndie Online Woolshop here.