Taking time out to indulge your joy of creativity is a rare and wonderful pleasure.
Tarndie is rare and wonderful place that can provide a truly unique backdrop for your group to make yourselves at home and indulge your talents.
Built in stages from 1848 to today, the Homestead is a timeless setting with a tangible history spanning 6 generations of continual family custodianship. We bring the story of the place to life with a Guided Tour during your stay.
Groups have sole-occupancy of the Homestead on a self-catering basis.
Sleep in classic style in 10 individual beds in the 8 bedroom homestead. In the 2 storey stone house, guests have use of 2.5 bathrooms, 4 lounge rooms, a formal 1878 Dining Room, full kitchen and 3 acres of garden within 500 acres of sheep paddocks.
Crafters will enjoy the work spaces available to them to leave set up during their stay.
Skilled woolcraft tutors can be organised for private group workshops.
If you need to get up and about, the region offers a range of complementary activities – massage, bush walks, art galleries, restaurants, wine, artisan studios.
- All linen, towels, kitchen basics, tea/coffee station.
- Morning tea provided daily with espresso coffee / proper tea / local chai and traditional scones.
- Access to the Farmgate Woolshop with range of beautiful yarns and tops
- Inspiration Zone in the Studio with books and magazines to provide ideas and techniques.
- Large verandah overlooking the gardens and farmland to work from
- Gallery space for exhibitions
- Craft spaces in the Homestead and the Apple Store
The Homestead at Tarndie is 1.5 hours drive from Westgate Bridge in Melbourne. It is 1 hour from Avalon Airport and 5 minutes drive from Birregurra Train Station.
Weekends: Up to 10 guests – $1,600. 3pm Friday to midday Sunday.
Option: 3 night weekend. Stay Sunday night too and claim a long weekend! Additional $550. Departure by 10am Monday.
Midweek (Monday – Thursday): Up to 10 guests – $650 per night. Minimum 2 nights. Arrival from midday. Departure by midday.
Extra services available
- Workshop / class facilities
- Wet Studio with cook top, large pots, industrial steamer, sink, well ventilated. Great for dyeing and felting.
- Spinning wheels
- Woolcraft tutors
- A menu of ready made meals is available for groups who would like to leave food logistics to us. Rates including breakfast options are also available.
Please contact Tom Dennis to check availability and discuss your ideal weekend away on (03) 5233 6241 or email email@example.com.