It now offers a timeless space for wool lovers to touch, feel, smell and create possibilities. A range of naturally coloured Polwarth yarns, with hand-dyed and commercially dyed yarns are available. As are tops for spinning and felting, sheepskins and fleeces. A small range of handmade giftware and garments are also available.
The Tarndie Woolshop is open Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday between 10am and 5pm.
Also by appointment by phoning the office on (03) 5233 6241.
- The Woolshop is closed in February.
- Please note we will be closed Friday 20 – Monday 23 July 2018 to attend the Bendigo Wool and Sheep Show.
How do I get to Tarndie?
Self drive is the best bet.
Thinking of coming from interstate? Fly into Avalon Airport, collect a hire car, and you’re only 1 easy hour drive away.
Tarndie Polwarth Wool
37 Roseneath Road, Warncoort.
Tarndie is 1.5 hours from Melbourne’s Westgate Bridge along the M1 / Princes Highway.
Why not extend your Fibre Trail to Great Ocean Road Woollen Mill – it’s a picturesque 1 hour journey form Tarndie.
The Wool Heritage Trail
Gain a deeper understanding of wool’s story in Australia by stopping en route to Tarndie at the following places (departing Melbourne):
(Wool Heritgae Trail is approximately 200km/2 hours driving)
- Travel from Melbourne to arrive at Tarndie by 2pm. Leave Melbourne early to visit interesting places linked to the glory days of the wool industry.
- Werribee Mansion – stunning property and gardens built on the fortunes of the 1870s Wool Boom.
- National Wool Museum in Geelong – with morning tea across the road at Waterfront Café in the old Woolstores overlooking Corio Bay.
- Travel to old sheep farming town of Inverleigh for lunch at Gladioli, or the Inverleigh Hotel, or bakery/produce store.
- Travel to Winchelsea via another national trust wool boom property – Barwon Park. (open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday)
- Travel to Tarndie (Tarndwarncoort for long!) – to discover the property.
- Accommodation is available at Tarndie amongst the flocks – visit our page for details.